Tuesday, February 1, 2011

True Love



I sent these Owl & Pussycat hand puppets as a gift to a friend's toddler son a while back. (My friend loves the Edward Lear poem, and I found a copy illustrated by Jan Brett--one of my favorites. I modeled the puppets after Brett's stately owl and soft gray feline.)


I have it on good authority that the puppets also work well as slippers. And oven mitts. (Or as somebody calls them around here, "gloving mitts.") So, very useful indeed!



I hesitate to even say this, and I'm not making any promises about the timing, but would anybody be interested in a pattern for these two?

4 comments:

  1. Since Josie is sitting here saying "Can you sew those for me, Mama?" YES, I would love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I really need to learn how to sew, and am so embarrassed that I don't know how. Seventh grade home ec was very discouraging for me. I sewed the legs of my shorts together. The teacher looked at me with the look of, "Why do I even bother?" But I really want to be able to do stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owl and Pussycat are famous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah--Okay, I'll get on it!

    Jenny, oh what a sad story! But you should try felt. Seriously, it's like the gateway drug of sewing. :-) And then you could make all sorts of fun felt food for your girls.

    E--yes, famous! (I was hoping you wouldn't be too offended by my sharing them.)

    ReplyDelete