Sunday, April 15, 2012

Report from Nerd Date Night

 
Last night the girl had a sleepover at her cousin's house, so my man and I took advantage of the opportunity for an extended afternoon-evening date.

I wanted some help getting comfortable with my new camera, so he took me to our local university, where, on a rare sunny spring afternoon in Seattle, we were by far not the only shutterbugs.

I'd experimented with aperture before.



But this time I also played around with shutter speed.



Fun with bokeh!



Splendor in the grass.


I learned a ton, I think.


And was pretty much in botany-nerd heaven.


I think my man took some pictures, too.

For dinner: Panevino on Capitol Hill, which is much better than you'd expect it to be just from glancing at the rather standard-issue menu. The ravioli are house-made, contain a high enough proportion of spinach that you can actually taste it, and feature the same ricotta that's sold at DeLaurenti's. I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment